Syngene’s assay biology and screening team brings together world-class scientists, state-of-the-art infrastructure, streamlined processes from sample submission to data transfer, and strong quality management to deliver a wide range of assays and screens.
Our assay team develops, validates and screens compounds, with miniaturization of assays achieved by using 384-well plates, which can be further miniaturized to 1536-well formats. We have experience with small molecules and biologics, peptides, PROTACs and oligonucleotides. Our assays are validated using tool compounds with QC established (signal: noise ratio; Z’-prime; uniformity; reproducibility). Qualification of assays for biosimilars is followed by bio-comparability testing of drug product and RLD meant for regulatory submission purposes.
- High throughput assays meant for different target classes including kinases, non-kinases (proteases, phosphatases, dehydrogenases etc.), GPCRs (binding), nuclear receptors, ion channels (binding) and protein-protein interactions. Detection methods include fluorescence, fluorescence polarization (FP), TR-FRET, (HTRF®, LanthaScreen®, LANCE®, DELFIA ®, AlphaScreen ®)), luminescence and radiometric (filter-binding and SPA)
- Biophysical assays for Kd determination for small molecules and biologics using SPR (BiaCore), Octet, DSF, and MST platforms.
- Cell based assays for endpoints of physiological relevance—Immuno-oncology, cancer metabolism, metabolic disorders, NASH, fibrosis, autoimmune disorders, CNS, dermatology, orphan diseases
- Target specific assays for GPCRs (FLIPR, cAMP release); ion channels (membrane potential and thallium flux); transporters (radioactive); enzymes (target phosphorylation)
- Cell proliferation and cytotoxicity assays in high throughput formats in 2D and 3D culture setting
- 120+ cancer cell lines available for testing purpose
- High content imaging-based assays
- Live cell imaging-based assays
- Experience with primary cells, PBMCs, immune cells, and iPSCs
- High throughput gene and protein expression studies in cellular and tissue samples from animals and humans
- Ex vivo studies for target engagement using different tissue samples
- Biomarker characterization
Syngene has a sophisticated biology facility with high-end instrumentation. We have an experienced team with proven track record of supporting discovery and development programs under biology capabilities.
Some of the key instruments are listed below:
Liquid handling systems/pipetting stations
- Echo (Acoustic Dispensing)
- Integra ViaFlo
- Freedom Evo 150 (Tecan)
- Multidrop combi (Thermo)
- 96-well plate washers
Multimode plate readers with stackers
- TopCount Nxt HTS (Perkin Elmer)
- Spectramax PLUS (Molecular Devices)
- EnVision Multilabel reader (Perkin Elmer)
- SPARK (Tecan)
- InCell analyzer
- HPLCs (Agilent 1200, Shimaduzu Prominence UFLC)
- LC-MS/MS (API2000, 3200 and 4000)
- TurboVap LV
- API- 2000, 3200, 4000, 4000-Q-Trap (Lightsight software)