The Discovery Analytical Chemistry team at Syngene provides analytical support to discovery chemistry teams and also provides services for standalone projects. Our analytical chemists apply chromatography, spectroscopy, mass spectrometry and nuclear magnetic resonance techniques to a wide range of chemical testing and analysis applications. Using highly sensitive instruments, the team conducts analytical studies at a high level of accuracy and consistency to accelerate a wide range of discovery projects.
Our researchers have developed peptides with excellent binding properties and within defined timelines using high-throughput synthesis (HTS) of peptide libraries and solid-phase peptide synthesis (SPPS) on an automated synthesizer.
The team uses various chromatographic and spectrometry techniques to develop analytical methods for the measurement of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), non-carry-over studies, structure elucidation, and chiral and achiral separation on a milligrams to multi-hundred grams scale.
The team has expertise with residual solvent analysis to enhance drug safety and efficacy, and has performed high-throughput purification of thousands of library compounds. Our specialists also ensure the lifetime durability of high-performance organic light-emitting diode (OLED) devices such as digital screens and solid-state lighting through trace analysis, detection, and characterization of impurities up to 0.01% of OLED compounds.
Our state-of-the-art analytical facility is fully equipped for various analyses such as:
- Gas chromatography (GC) using flame-ionization detectors, and thermal conductivity detectors
- Gas chromatographic-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) for purge and trap (P&T) thermal desorption and headspace sampling
- Liquid chromatographic-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) using single-quadrupole, ion trap, and quadrupole time-of-flight (Q-TOF) technologies
- Normal and preparative high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) using diode array detectors, refractive index detectors, evaporative light scattering detectors, charged aerosol detectors, and variable wavelength detectors
- Ultraperformance liquid chromatographic-mass spectrometry (UPLC-MS)
- Analytical and preparative supercritical fluid chromatography using mass spectrometers and ultra-violet detectors
- Gel permeation chromatography (GPC) using variable wavelength detectors and refractive index (RI) detector
- Recycling preparative GPC
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR) at 300 & 400 MHz