Evaluating the toxic effects of compounds on reproduction and development
Syngene offers a broad range of customized developmental and reproductive toxicology (DART) services that evaluate the safety of compounds and their effect on reproductive and developmental functions. Our studies help identify pharmaceuticals, biologics, and chemicals that affect fertility and embryonic development, pre-natal and post-natal development, and maternal functions.
Our experts perform various DART studies on rodent and non-rodent species that assess the effect of compounds on the reproductive and nervous systems:
- Reproductive toxicity
- Studies on fertility and early embryonic development in rodents
- Pre and post-natal development, and maternal functions in rodents
- Multi-generation (one/two) studies on reproductive toxicity in rats
- Developmental toxicity
- Studies that analyze the adverse effects of a compound’s toxicity on embryo-fetal development in rodents and rabbits
- Studies to observe the toxic effects of a compound or product on motor activity, learning and memory, and neuropathology in rats. The studies also include sensory evaluation tests and functional observational batteries (modified Irwin’s tests) in the same species.